Much to my delight and surprise, my travel blog, Travels With Talek has been awarded the Liebster Award! I am especially pleased to be acknowledged by my follow travel bloggers and appreciate their comments and encouragement. Special thanks to Roger Wellington of Wet Nose Escapades for nominating me. Roger writes about staying healthy while traveling.
Now its my turn to answer Roger’s “Liebster questions.”
1.What is your favorite part about traveling and why?
Seeing a unique place for the first time always gives me a rush because it holds a promise of the unusual and unexpected.
2. Where and when was your first international travel destination?
To Cuba as an infant. My mother traveled there to visit family.
3. What do you love about blogging the most?
Sharing my experiences and hoping to inspire people to travel more.
4. What frustrates you about blogging?
5. What have you found to be the most effective way of promoting your blog?
Social Media, especially from people that share articles.
6. How do you usually find food when you travel?
Street food from local markets where locals eat.
7. Are you a part-time or full-time traveler? If part-time, are you looking to travel full-time?
I am a full-time traveler even in my own home town.
8. What do you miss the most when you’re traveling?
My family if they are not with me.
9. You just checked into your hotel at your destination and it’s pouring rain outside. What would you do to spend the rest of your day?
That’s easy. Museum. Hands down. Although you don’t have to wait for a rainy day.
10. What are your travel and blogging goals for next year?
To go somewhere I’ve never been before. To inspire someone to travel as a result of something they read on my blog. That would be my big thrill!
My questions for my nominees to answer:
- What’s your next “to visit” spot?
- Where do your ideas come from?
- What’s the best blog traffic building suggestion you ever received?
- What would people be surprised to learn about you?
- What’s the most unusual food you ever ate while traveling?
- Favorite travel book?
- Most meaningful travel lesson?
- Who is the most interesting or inspiring person you’ve met while traveling?
- What are your blogging goals for the next 12 months?
- Where are you longing to visit?
And now its time to reciprocate the recognition by announcing the new Liebster Award nominees.
Aaron Teoh of Aaronteoh.com from Singapore focuses on off-the-beaten-track adventures in Asia and Europe.
Lara of LostLara.com is an Australian living in Ukraine. She chronicles the strange and macabre in the Soviet time warp including in countries that don’t exist. Intrigued? I know I was.
Spaniard Alberto Calvo of ARW Travels.com explores the world visiting some of the most fascinating cities and dispensing musings, tips and advice.
Yaswanth Jayakumar of Vegancoupleblog.wordpress.com shares the beauty and mystique of her alluring India and other beautiful locations.
Married couple Lara and Ian of whodoIdo.com encourage us to “Live your life – don’t just think it! Their beautiful photos of Malaysia to Mexico make it easy to follow their advice.
Travtasy.com is the brainchild of Kalyan Panya, an artistic traveler who writes about travel, food and life in general in India.
Here are the rules for the new nominees.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer their 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 5 or more other bloggers for the award and inform them.
Congratulations on your interesting and informative blogs. I’m eager to read your answers to my questions. Please pass on the award to those bloggers you’ve enjoyed reading.