About the trip
Experience Cuban Culture
The island nation of Cuba remains one of the most beautiful and enigmatic destinations. Cuba has a culture full of music, color and friendly people. Learn more about this fascinating culture and an opportunity to interact with the Cuban people with a Cuban Culture Tour.
This tour is open to all. For U.S. citizens, this tour is 100% consistent with U.S. regulations under the approved category, “support for the Cuban people.”
Four days and five nights.
- Old Havana
- Valley of Vinales
- Havana’s eastern neighborhoods
EXPERIENCES IN HAVANA
- Stay in a Cuban private sector guesthouse or “casa particular.”
- Experience authentic Cuban cuisine at private sector restaurants, “paladares.”
- Tour Havana in a classic American car.
- Explore Havana’s nightlife and art scene.
- Meet with local Cuban experts, artists, performers, and the nascent entrepreneurial class, “cuenta propistas.”
- Explore the streets of colonial Old Havana; its plazas, architecture and gardens.
- Shop for ingredients at a local agro-market, take a Cuban cooking class and help prepare your own meal with expert cooks.
EXPERIENCES IN VINALES
- Meet local farmers and learn about tobacco cultivation in one of Cuba’s most beautiful provinces.
- Visit a Cuban country town and experience life in the countryside.
- Navigate an underground river in Vinales’ extensive cave system.
- Have lunch at an eco-paladar where everything you eat is farm to table.
VISIT CARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS, SCHOOLS AND INTERACT WITH THE LOCAL PEOPLE
You will visit charitable organizations in Cuba and are encouraged to bring donations. These include:
- Used clothing including shoes.
- School supplies such as pens, pencils, notebooks, crayons
- Soap, aspirin, toiletries.
WHAT TO PACK FOR CUBA
- Wide-brim hat.
- Loose breathable material T-shirts, shorts, sundress.
- Products not readily available in Cuba include: sunscreen, feminine hygiene products, toiletries
About Talek (Your Guide)
Talek Nantes is a Cuban-American author, digital content creator and founder of the travel blog, www.travelswithtalek.com. She is a passionate travel enthusiast and enjoys sharing her travel experiences with others. On her site, Talek shares information on unique destinations and provides actionable travel tips and advice to help travelers make the most of their time away from home. Her focus is on cultural immersion and interaction with local people to help travelers create their own unique travel experiences. Talek’s work has appeared in several travel publications.
Talek’s personal and professional background have led her to travel to over 110 countries. She has lived and worked throughout the world and speaks several languages. Talek is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and lives with her husband in New York City and Miami. She is the author of the travel books, “Don’t Just Travel to Cuba, Experience Cuba: The Ultimate Cuba Travel Guide” and “110 Best travel Tips.”
When it comes to travel, Talek believes it’s all about the experience.
Words of Praise
“We both agree it was a packed tour filled with interesting and fun events.” Jack and Rose J. Key West, FL
“A beautiful experience. Would love to go back and explore more.” John M. Tampa, FL
“I am in awe of my experience. Not only was the tour well organized, but it had so much substance. You not only see the country, you KNOW it. My favorite part of the tour was staying with the locals, eating the meals they prepared for us and even helping prep the food for them.” Jaems B. Utah “