EXPERIENCE THE REGIONS OF ASTURIAS AND GALICIA
Photo courtesy Camilo Alonso
ABOUT THE TRIP
EXPERIENCE ASTURIAS AND GALICIA
The regions of Asturias and Galicia in northern Spain are special places. These perennially green regions are culturally rich, with a fascinating history dating from the prehistoric to medieval to modern times. This is an opportunity to visit many of the area’s most spectacular sights, taste the local cuisine and experience what many call nature’s paradise.
Contact us for next available date
What’s included in the Asturias and Galicia Cultural Tour:
8 nights hotel
12 meals including all breakfasts
All admission fees
Air conditioned mini bus transportation
Fully dedicated bi-lingual guide throughout
(*Price for double occupancy. Single rooms available for additional charge.)
Reserve your spot with a $400.00 deposit here.
- Covadonga lakes and basilica
- Oviedo, the capital of Asturias
- Santiago de Compostela, capital of Galicia.
EXPERIENCES IN THE REGION
- Participate in the “Dia de Las Americas” (Day of the Americas) annual festivities and parade celebrating emigrants returning to Spain from the Americas.
- Visit locations important to the emigrant experience including the “Archivo de Los Indianos” (Emigrants Archives) and monuments to the emigrant experience.
- Participate in Oviedo’s local San Mateo feast day, the most important annual festival of the area.
- Walk a portion of the Camino de Santiago.
- Tour Picos de Europa national park.
- Visit 1,200 year old UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Walk the streets of medieval villages unchanged for hundreds of years ago.
- Visit Finisterre, Galicia, believed to be the end of the world during Roman times.
- Explore 240 million year old caves.
- Sample fresh seafood in one of the Cantabrian coast’s many picturesque fishing villages.
- Visit the wild Cabo Peña, a protected area and the northernmost point on the Iberian peninsula.
- Experience Asturian and Galician nightlife with its traditions, music, tapas and local “sidra,” alcoholic cider.
WHAT TO PACK FOR NORTHERN SPAIN
- Wide-brim hat and sunglasses.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Rain gear; umbrella, rain slick.
- A hearty appetite.
About Talek (Your Guide)
Talek Nantes is an author, digital content creator and founder of the travel blog, www.travelswithtalek.com. She is a passionate travel enthusiast and enjoys sharing her travel experiences with others. On her site, Talek shares information on unique destinations and provides actionable travel tips and advice to help travelers make the most of their time away from home. Her focus is on cultural immersion and interaction with local people to help travelers create their own unique travel experiences. Talek’s work has appeared in several travel publications and she is the author of two travel books.
Talek’s personal and professional background have led her to travel to over 110 countries. She has lived and worked throughout the world and speaks several languages. Talek is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and lives with her husband in New York City and Miami.
When it comes to travel, Talek believes it’s all about the experience.
If you have any questions, please contact Talek.
“What a great opportunity to participate in such a rich historical tour. I always wanted to experience the culture, traditions and cuisine of both Asturias and Galicia.”